Digital Greener Shipping Summit 2021
Experience from 2020 environmental regulations shapes future changes
Tuesday, April 13, 2021
The Digital Greener Shipping Summit 2021 will be held on Tuesday, April 13, 2021. Now in its tenth year, the Summit is organised by Newsfront / Naftiliaki under the auspices of Greece’s powerful technical body, MARTECMA [the Greek Marine Technical Managers Association].
As with all events in this programme, Newsfront / Naftiliaki has worked with MARTECMA, in preparing this Summit under the general title: "Digital Greener Shipping Summit 2021: Experience from 2020 environmental regulations shapes future changes”.
Technical items to be looked at include:
• Lessons learned from the implementation of the 2020 sulfur cap
• Did scrubbers meet the expectations and what is their future?
• Are the next generation BWT systems ready? What has been changed?
• Digitalization in managing changes
• Are regulators prepared for the implementation of the forthcoming environmental regulations?
• EEXI (Energy Efficiency Existing Ship Index) – Implementation: How it affects shipowners and ship lifetime
• CII (Carbon Intensity Indicator) – IMO brings charterers in the battle against emissions