Digital Greener Shipping Summit – Spring 2021
Experience from 2020 environmental regulations shapes future changes
Tuesday, April 13, 2021
Organised by Newsfront / Naftiliaki – Under the auspices of MARTECMA
The programme is subject to changes
Conference Chairman: Stamatis Bourboulis, General Manager, Euronav Ship Management (Hellas) Ltd
10:30 – Keynote Speaker: Semiramis Paliou, Director, CEO, Diana Shipping Inc.; President, HELMEPA
11:00 – 12:00 Session 1: Lessons learned from the application of 2020 environmental regulations
Moderator: Haris Giantzikis, Technical Manager, Arcadia Shipmanagement Co Ltd
• What do we know from the implementation of the 2020 sulfur cap?
Bill Stamatopoulos, Business Development Manager, Bureau Veritas VeriFuel
• Did scrubbers meet the expectations and what is their future?
Fotis Belexis, Technical Director, Star Bulk Carriers Corp
• Are the next generation BWT systems ready? What has been changed?
Stelios Kyriacou, Chief Technical Officer, ERMA FIRST ESK Engineering Solutions SA
• Digitalisation in managing changes
Alessandro Pescetto, Marine Digital & Innovation Director, RINA Services SpA
Q & A
12:00 – 12:10 Break
12:10 – 14:45 Session 2: How EEXI – CII will affect the commercial operation of ships?
• Use of Propulsion Energy Saving Technologies to satisfy EEXI & CII requirements
Miltos Messinezis, Sales Engineer, Oceanking Technical & Trading SA
12:25 – 13:35 • EEXI (Energy Efficiency Existing Ship Index) – Implementation: How it affects shipowners and ship lifetime
Moderator: John Kokarakis, Technology & Business Development Director HBSA Zone, Bureau Veritas
• Cesare D’Api, Deputy Technical Director, d’Amico Shipping Group
• Dimitris Fafalios, President / Director, Fafalios Shipping; Chairman, Intercargo
• Maria Kyratsoudi, Business Development Manager, ABS
• Jason Stefanatos, Business Development Manager – Senior Engineer Region South East Europe, Middle East & Africa, DNV Hellas SA
• Emmanuel Vergetis, South Europe Senior Consultant, Marine & Offshore, Lloyd’s Register
Q & A
13:35 – 13:45 Break
13:45 – 14:45 • CII (Carbon Intensity Indicator) – IMO and the EU bring charterers in the battle against emissions
Moderator: Takis Koutris, Managing Director,Roxana Shipping; Kristen Marine SA
• Stavros Hatzigrigoris, Chairman, MARTECMA
• Panos Kourkountis, Technical Director, Sea Traders SA
• Kostas Vlachos, Chief Operating Officer, Latsco Marine Management Inc.
• Panos Zachariadis, Technical Director, Atlantic Bulk Carriers
Q & A